Full Time: 5 working days, 9am to 5.30pm (weekend and bank holiday work will be required)
We are looking for a motivated, positive and experienced jewellery Store Manager to join our friendly team in our Aberdeen boutique. This exciting opportunity would be well suited to an individual with experience of managing a high end jewellery store. Excellent customer service skills are essential, and you will be a natural positive thinker, problem solver and real ‘people person’.
The ideal candidate will be reliable, honest, personable and willing to get hands on whilst always going the extra mile for customers. We are looking for a team player who is commercially aware and has good local knowledge. The ability to work under pressure and successfully manage a small team with a diverse workload is a must.
This is an exciting opportunity with a family-run, independent business in which you will work alongside a passionate, welcoming team whilst growing and developing your own skillset and knowledge. It is a unique, challenging and rewarding opportunity for the right person within an almost 125 year old renowned business.
Please note jewellery store management experience is essential.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years store management experience within the jewellery industry.
- Must be motivated and confident to drive yourself and your team to reach sales targets. You must have a proven track record in sales.
- Good verbal and written communication skills with Directors and Managers in other stores.
- Must possess extensive jewellery knowledge, preferably second hand/antique, and be confident to share this with customers.
- Handling of customer repairs to a high standard
- Commercial awareness and good local knowledge of the area
- High attention to detail
- Exceptional customer service skills
Overview of duties (including, but not limited to)
- Day to day running of the shop whilst monitoring staff responsibilities
- Staff training and development to increase product knowledge and customer service skills
- Window dressing skills and merchandising must be of a high standard
- Stock replenishment – feedback to head office with reorders and reporting on monthly sales and stock requirements
- Maintaining good communication with Directors and Management team
- Security is key for staff and store following company procedures at all times to ensure safety for customers and staff at all times
- Work alongside our marketing agency to contribute imagery and content for social media at branch level
- Carry out local presentations to small groups
- Expect to build a strong client base and form long lasting relationships with clients
- Involved in store recruitment process when required
About McGowans Jewellers
Over the many years since McGowans was first established in 1895, the company has come to be known as one of the most reputable jewellers in Scotland. We currently operate out of three boutique stores across the country, two of which are located in the Argyll Arcade in Glasgow, and one on Union Street in Aberdeen. Current customers come from all over the United Kingdom and, occasionally, even greater distances, just to shop with us.
Each shop has something different to offer our customers, with all three meeting our high standards of customer service and quality control. We also have a workshop in Glasgow, where our highly skilled and experienced jewellers offer a full range of maintenance and repair services.
McGowans offers a superb range of diamond jewellery which includes diamond cluster rings, diamond eternity rings, gem set rings, diamond bracelets and much more. However, what we are best known for is our coloured stone jewellery and our speciality in the buying and reconditioning of second hand stock.
McGowans also provide a number of specialised services, from second hand buying to ring sizing, and from jewellery repairs to up-to-date valuations.
Find out more about McGowans at www.mcgowansjewellers.com
Please do not apply for the position if you do not meet the above-mentioned criteria.
If you meet the requirements, we would love to hear from you. Please send your CV with covering letter telling us why you believe you are suitable for the role to email@example.com.